[PD] [PD-announce] recursion in Gem - a tutorial

vade doktorp at mac.com
Wed Jul 18 22:44:27 CEST 2007

That is a very nice set of patches (ive only looked at the
screenshots), but it really demonstrates some of the advantages of
GEM over Jitter with regard to certain types of patching/structures.

Im trying to think of an easy patching mechanism in Max/Jitter to do
this, but I cant think of anything off the top of my head.

nice!

On Jul 18, 2007, at 10:43 AM, Claude Heiland-Allen wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been playing around with recursion in Gem, and thought I'd
> document
> my experiences.
>

> You can download the patches here (Gzip'd Tar):
>
> https://devel.goto10.org/dl.php?repname=maximus&path=%2Ftutorials%
> 2Fgem-recursion%2F&rev=0&isdir=1
>

> You will also need a couple of externals that you can download here
> (Gzip'd Tar, C source code only):
>
> https://devel.goto10.org/dl.php?repname=maximus&path=%2Fclodlib%
> 2F&rev=0&isdir=1
>
> These externals are necessary because I haven't figured out a nice way
> to handle recursive re-entrancy in a Pd patch.  If I do I'll update
> the
> tutorial with the dependancy removed.
>

> Screenshots are here, in case you're not near a computer with Pd+Gem:
>
> http://www.blurty.com/users/claudiusmaximus/day/2007/07/18#407
>

> Please let me know if you find it useful, or if you don't.  Thanks for
> your attention,
>

> Claude
> --
> http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org