[PD] OT: help needed setting up Hammerfall, ALSA and JACK on debian

naysayer gateswideopen at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 04:36:44 CEST 2007

Linux audio Users mailing list is the best spot.
i spent many weeks working mine out and i couldn't have done it without the LAU.
it shouldnit be that hard, the main things you need are

- alsa drivers
- alsa tools

there should be a program called hdsploader that you need to invoke
each time you start up your machine. i use gentoo and i have a
init-script that i use to get it loaded each time.

the most important thing to remember is that you have _either_ the
HDSP module built in the kernel OR have the module and drivers build
by the alsa packages, not both. i got stuck on that for a while and
made me feel totally stoopid.
another thing to check is whether or not you have one of those crappy
Ricoh cardbus's. they have proved very troublesome with the
hammerfalls. i have one and it took me ages to work it out.

the hammerfall HSDP is tricky at times but worth it in the end.

good luck.