[PD] OT: help needed setting up Hammerfall, ALSA and JACK on debian

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Sun Jul 22 08:07:42 CEST 2007

Hi Martin,

What do you mean by "hard time"?
does cat /etc/proc/asound/cards show your RME card?
if so, does hdsploader upload the firmware to your card?
if so, did you run hdspmixer to make sure the audio channels are not muted?

if the answer to all of the above is "yes" it *should* be all nice and dandy.

I also had a hard time only to discover that Ubuntu Feisty does not
install the firmares for the various audio devices (although the
relevant package description says that it does!).  I would not be
surprised if Debian had the same shortcoming as firmwares are usually
not libre.

Feel free to PM me if you need more help/info.

./MiS