[PD] [PD-announce] the end of type restrictions

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 22 22:54:20 CEST 2007

It's lame, but the idea behind the original design of "pack/unpack"
was to have the argument lists look the same.  So, to send a variety
of (known-type) data down a send/receive channel or whatnot, one could
use "pack tea for 2" and a corresponding "unpack tea for 2".

Of course, that in the unpack side, only the types were significant,
is stylistically wierd.  It just seemed less wierd than any other idea
I had at the time.

cheers