[PD] [PD-announce] the end of type restrictions

Luke Iannini (pd) lukexipd at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:53:09 CEST 2007

On 7/22/07, Thomas Grill <gr at grrrr.org> wrote:

> Am 23.07.2007 um 09:54 schrieb Andy Farnell:
>

> > Why are these great new objects like [tracecall] that Mathieu is
> > building not being added to Pd?
> >

> The question for me is rather why desiredata announcements are posted
> into the PD-list given that the codebase has moved away in a way that
> makes it impossible to transfer most of the features.
> Although I find DD an interesting project, it's essentially off-topic
> for the pd-list.
>
> Hm, I can't quite agree with that; how would I know about DD if such
announcements were not made? DD is still undoubtedly Pd, even with its
myriad modifications.  I'd very much like to continue being informed about
its progress (and sure, I am on the DD list, but again, we do not ban
discussion of GEM on the Pd-list).

Regardless of the differences in developer opinions (and I think these are
made to be more acerbic than necessary, especially for such enjoyable and
exciting software, though perhaps I interpret incorrectly), DD is Pd to me!