[PD] [PD-announce] recursion in Gem - a tutorial

cyrille henry cyrille.henry at la-kitchen.fr
Mon Jul 23 22:13:25 CEST 2007

hello,

i just had a look at your patch.

you can remove most [t a a], as every gem primitive output the pointer they reciving.

on your 1st patch, you can remove the separator, they are useless.

for patch 6 : i usually did not care storing the data on a table, i usually generated them on the fly using random, and seed the random at every frame. this is not really slower, and lot's easier to program.

for the other, why don't you use a LSystem?
i you don't need infinit recurtion depth, i think it's easier to code and more flexible (every recurtion can be adjusted independantly)?

cyrille