[PD] Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc4-macosx104-powerpc : video codecs

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jul 24 14:37:52 CEST 2007

Hi HC,

I just tried out the latest Extended installer. I like the new look and
was hoping for more stability.

But I ran into a big problem...I can't load any of the videos I used to.
All are mov files with photoJPG compression. Not only in the latest
version, but in all the other versions of PD I have installed. I could
have sworn I used them in the new PD release last night, but today
nothing works!

I'm downloading the test4 DMG again, since that's the last "trustworthy"
version I used, and hopefully it will fix the problem.

But I'm interested in how the video codecs are loaded, it doesn't seem
so transparent since there's nothing in the settings or paths to
determine what set of codecs are used. Where are they stored on OS X,
and how is it that a newer version of PD can nuke the codecs for the
other versions?

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista