[PD] Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc4-macosx104-powerpc : video codecs

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jul 24 14:56:28 CEST 2007

OK, this really isn't funny. There's no way to play the videos that
worked yesterday in PD on any version today.

error: GEM: pix_movie: Couldn't open the movie file: 2_1.movミ( (-2020)
GEM: pix_film: Loaded file:
/Volumes/one/derek/baruch/pd/../video/2_1.mov with 0 frames (0x0)

I deleted all previous versions of PD, reinstalled test4 (last known
somewhat-stable version) and replaced the Preferences file. I even
deleted PDP from the startup just to be certain that it's codecs are
interfering with GEM. And rebooted to make sure nothing was hanging
around in the system memory.

Still no luck.

Let this be a lesson to NEVER EVER EVER upgrade versions in the middle
of a project.

Suggestions on how to get my codecs back are welcome.

d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista
---Oblique Strategy # 87: