[PD] Pd-0.39.2-extended-rc4-macosx104-powerpc : video codecs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jul 24 18:05:00 CEST 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 6:45 AM, Derek Holzer wrote:

> Hey IOhannes,
>
> IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> on os-x Gem should use QuickTime (only, per default), and all codecs
>> supported by QuickTime.
>> this should not interfere with anything pdp uses (so you can safely
>> re-install pdp/pidip)
>>
>> what does the Gem version string say?
>
> GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
> GEM: ver: 0.90
> GEM: compiled: Mar  8 2006

This means that you are loading a Gem that is not included in the Pd-
extended installer.  The rc4 one would look something like this:

GEM: Graphics Environment for Multimedia
GEM: ver: 0.91-cvs
GEM: compiled: Jul 19 2007

Sounds like you are using an old version of Gem.  I you trash ~/
Library/Preferences/org.puredata.pd.plist, then it'll use the default
embedded preferences, and load the internal versions of Gem and PDP.

.hc