[PD] sysexin midiin alsa

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Jul 24 23:23:38 CEST 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007, peter boehm wrote:

> midout was sending nothing. in the archives i found some help and i have
> patched s.midi.c and x.midi.c with iohannes patches
> (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1356455&group_id=55736
> ), which works fine and i can send sysex data out.

I applied this patch in branch desiredata.

> patching s_midi_alsa.c with the midiout_alsa.patch results in sending a 00
> for each byte in the sysex message.

You mean that prior to applying that patch it was sending a 0 in the case
of PPC only (well, big endian in general), but also that it had a memory
leak which was quite cross-platform...

I applied that patch in branch desiredata.

> testing midiin i can just receive sysex messages shorter than 20 bytes
> (240, x1, x2, x3,...x17, x18, 247). is this intentional?

Yes. I extended that limit to 256 in branch desiredata.

However, I don't have any alsa midi device that i can easily test on, so I
would appreciate if someone would help me set up a fake midi driver for
testing purposes, if that exists. (I run Linux too)