[PD] [PD-announce] the end of type restrictions

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jul 25 00:18:38 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> >It's likely because of the nice symmetry in the following common idiom
> >to get inter-onset intervals:
> >[t b b]
> >|     |
> >[timer]
> >[timer] (and its relatives to some extent) is an object that is used
> >in a hot-to-cold fashion more often than in the cold-to-hot direction
> >common with most other objects like [pack] etc.
>
> What's the problem with just having crossing wires and consistent
> semantics? Crossing wires have to happen all of the time anyway.

Actually in workshops I like to show [timer] as an example where the
hot inlet is not the leftmost inlet, when explaining that practially
all other objects have their hot inlet left and why hot and cold is a
crucial thing to understand. Somehow I feel, that showing the "wrong"
way [timer] works helps students to understand this area of
left/right, hot/cold, execution order and triggering a bit better.

That feeling may be wrong of course, though I don't think it is. But
that's the problem with feelings.

Ciao