[PD] wishlist gemwin

chris clepper cgclepper at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:32:00 CEST 2007

To the best of my knowledge there is no built-in GL functionality to do just
render any old scene in a spherical projection.  Something like an
environment map is pre-computed as a bitmap before being textured.  You can
render into a framebuffer (FBO), which GEM supports, and then apply
corrective texturing to geometry.  You will need to upload a grid (newWave
might work) and then use a vertex shader to apply the deforms to the
vertices and texcoords.