[PD] pd running fine, then unexpectedly freezing on ubuntu

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jul 25 20:26:24 CEST 2007

Which version?  I just installed Ubuntu Studio, and have played with
Pd only a bit so far.  I definitely haven't seen anything like that.
If the whole thing is freezing, then it's very unlikely to Pd's
fault, since the OS will prevent programs that kind of access.  Much
more likely, there is a hardware or driver problem that Pd might be
triggering.  Perhaps a sound card driver?

The SIMD messages are from some zexy objects, and have been removed.

.hc

On Jun 4, 2007, at 11:21 PM, hard off wrote:

> i just installed pd-extended in ubuntu studio, and played around
> with the jack settings so as to avoid A/D/A errors..and it seemed
> to be working ok.
>

> but then all of a sudden, after 10 or 15 minutes, pd will just
> freeze.  this happened about 5 or 6 times today, so it wasn't a one
> off.
>
> what's more, after it freezes, if i force pd to quit, and try to
> open it again, the pd console comes up, but all the menus are blank
> and nothing works, so i have to restart the entire computer to make
> pd work again.
>
> the pd console is giving me SIMD messages, which i never saw before
> on os X...  could that be somehow related to what is happening?

----

publicity.          - Bill Moyers