[PD] OSC object not working under windows

Marko Timlin susi at timlin.de
Thu Jul 26 11:01:43 CEST 2007

hallo frank,
thanks for the quick response.
you are absoluteyl right, I can create OSCroute, sendOSC.
I was just irritated, because in their help files I always find:

for more info, get help on: OSC
which is an object that cannot be created and has dashed lines around it.

Grüße,
m.

Hallo,
Marko Timlin hat gesagt: // Marko Timlin wrote:

> I am working with Pd version 0.39.2-extended-rc3 under windows xp.
> whenever I try to create the [OSC] object I get:
>
> OSC
> ... couldn't create
>
> is that a known bug, or what might be the reason for that?

There never really was such an object, it was only used to load the
OSC-library. pd-extended avoids libraries where possible and compiles
the OSC objects as single externals. You should be able to create
OSCroute, sendOSC etc. nevertheless.

Ciao