[PD] OSC between win and mac

Marko Timlin susi at timlin.de
Thu Jul 26 10:50:48 CEST 2007

Moi,
where can I find "martin's net/osc objects" mentioned below by IOhannes?

and why do I have to set up the machines to pass udp packets on port 7000? is there a reason why port 7000 and not any other port???

thanks,
m.

martin.peach at sympatico.ca wrote:

> Be sure that both machines are set up to pass udp packets on port 7000.

e.g. be sure to configure your firewalls correctly when dealing with
network traffic (the sender computer must allow outgoing udp-traffic on
the specified port, the receiving computer must allow incoming
udp-traffic on the port and all intermediate firewalls have to act
accordingly).

and connect a [print] directly to [dumpOSC] so you can see whether you
receive anyhing.

and watch the console, whether it bails out on either the sending or the
receiving side.

mfga.sdf
IOhannes

PS: and use martin's net/osc objects, they are better...