[PD] OSC between win and mac

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jul 26 11:19:32 CEST 2007

Marko Timlin wrote:
> Moi,
> where can I find "martin's net/osc objects" mentioned below by IOhannes?

in the cvs at pure-data's repository at sourceforge.

if you prefer binaries, have a look at pd-extended.

the objects are called [udpsend], [udpreceive], [packOSC] and [unpackOSC].

> and why do I have to set up the machines to pass udp packets on port 7000? is there a reason why port 7000 and not any other port???

the reason is, that it is often quite hard to explain something in an
abstract way (esp. if one does not know what the other already knows).

if i had written "<port>" instead of "7000", you might have asked me why
the object [udpreceive <port>] (literal!) did not create at all and how
to configure your firewall to pass through "<port>" (you do have an
application-layer firewall, don't you?)

if you had known that i meant a number with "<port>", youmight have
started with any number, e.g. 123 or 100234, both of which might have
caused you problems which i had no intention to go through.

so it was an attempt to reduce my amount of typing (which has provento
fail completely, considering what i have to type now).

as a matter of fact you can use any port. just have a look at the
help-files (once you have the objects)

fmasdr.
IOhannes