[PD] OSC between win and mac

Steffen Leve Poulsen slagmark at worldonline.dk
Thu Jul 26 18:18:49 CEST 2007

Mojn,
	mind the portnumbers.

UDP is like a scream/stream, just broadcasting on the whole network for
anyone to listen on that port. TCP/IP does handshake on two channels
(eg port 4444 and 4445) involving al kinds of "are you ready, oh, I
didnt get that", messages.

If you want to connect both ways with UDP select two different
portnumbers for the two senders (5555 7777).

Make shure these ports are free, on win do Run/"netstat -a 30" to see.
on mac I don't know.

And as Martin says: "Mind the networkfiltering (firewalls)", these ports
need to be open for network traffic.

Good luck

mvh/Steffen Leve Poulsen