[PD] Pd-0.39.3-extended-rc5

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jul 27 21:20:12 CEST 2007

Please keep this on the list since it could be of general interest,
and there are many people who can answer these questions.  This might
be related to a known bug:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
func=detail&aid=1561839&group_id=55736&atid=478070

Have you tried running it at 48000?

Also, have you tried Pd-0.39-2? (Miller's version)

.hc

On Jul 27, 2007, at 10:46 AM, Ed Richardson wrote:

> Mr. Steiner-
>
> My apologies for contacting you directly. I am new to Pure Data and
> wasn't certain specifically where/how to post information on the
> lists about a bug concerning Pd-0.39.3-extended-rc5-macosx104-
> powerpc.dmg.
>
> my system:
> mac os 10.4.10
> 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4
>
> I experience an audio glitch (popping) when changing parameters in
> a patch.
>
> I have experienced this with all versions of Pd 39.x I have tested
> (probably the last 3-4 versions).
>
> It doesn't occur with Pd version 0.38.4-extended-RC8 or with
> version 0.40-2.
>
> Greatly increasing the audio latency seems to reduce the problem,
> but does not eliminate it. Also 0.39.3-extended-rc5 is better in
> this regard than previous versions.
>
> While this issue occurs on essentially every patch, I typically use
> the B05.tabread.FM.pd audio example from the browser to test the
> problem. If I change a parameter such as the modulation frequency
> for several seconds the audio will stutter and pop. Often it occurs
> just as I stop changing. If left untouched, the problem rarely occurs.
>
> I would be glad to provide an audio example if it is of any help,
> and am willing to further test the issue with some direction.
>
> Thank you for your work on Pd extended.
>
> -Edward Richardson

----

"...information-sharing is a powerful positive good, and... it is an
ethical duty of hackers to share their expertise by writing open-
source code and facilitating access to information and to computing
resources wherever possible."   - Eric Raymond