[PD] OSC between win and mac

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jul 31 15:49:39 CEST 2007

Marko Timlin wrote:
> Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrgghhhhhh,
> I send and SOS to the world, I hope that someone get´s my...message in a bottle.
>
> still fiddling around with that bl##dy OSC connection form Windows to Mac or Pd to Max respectively.

> sending OSC from Mac using Max to Windows using Pd works just fine
> sending OSC from Windows using Pd to Mac using Max doesn´t work, I receive the following message:
> SendData::SendHTMSocket()failure -- not connected
>
> to receive I use the dumpOSC object to send I use the sendOSC object.
> I give in the IP number of the Mac and its port, but...nothing :-(
>
> by the way, sending and receiving OSC from Pd to Reaktor on Windows works also perfectly.

honestly, have you tried to find out _where_ the error is (the mac, the
xp box, the network) as suggested in previous mails?
probably i have overlooked this in sos...

can you connect from mac to mac (localhost)?
can you connect from xp to xp (localhost)? (ok, you tested this!)

what is inbetween the 2 machines? another firewall? (a real one, not a
"personal firewall" nonsense)

have you tried installing Pd on the mac and see what it gets?
do you have other machines available for testing?

have you tried other ports?
are you sure that both objects are working in the same protocol (UDP).

you could try to find some cmd-line tools for sending (and receiving)
messages.

again: "netcat" is the swiss army knife for _anything_ network related.
it will allow you to fake both a server (netreceive/dumpOSC) and a
client (netsend/sendOSC).

mfg.asdr
IOhannes