[PD] 39.3-extended-rc5 - FFT causes audio failure on 1.67 G4

Ed Richardson kx3n6 at mac.com
Wed Aug 1 23:24:00 CEST 2007

Browser/Audio Examples/I04.noisegate.pd causes a complete failure of
audio in Pd-0.39.3-extended-rc5-macosx104-powerpc.dmg.

system:
mac os 10.4.10
1.67 GHz PowerPC G4

Upon adjusting either the sampler or noise amplitude parameters,
there is a fairly loud single pop, upon which all audio ceases on the
computer altogether. Audio will only resume once I quit Pd.

Neither of the following strategies in any combination improve this
situation:
48K instead of 44.1K
use of JACK rather than portaudio

I believe several other fft-based patches are affected by this.

This is not a problem in any of the following:
38.4-extended
39.2-non-extended
40.2-non-extended

---

Also, I'm curious what anyone knows about the frequent Pd-related
audio card issues with the 1.67 GHz PowerPC G4 Powerbook.