[PD] smoke object help

nosehair911 at bellsouth.net nosehair911 at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 3 14:47:08 CEST 2007

Hi all,

I posted this in the gem-dev list but maybe someone here can give a some advise or a different
solution for my problem. The reason I am trying to use gem is because they have already figured out
the glLoop problem between openGL and Pd. Also because I then would have access to the other
gem objects.

I am trying to transcribe this glut application here:

http://www.nada.kth.se/~gustavt/fluids/

into a gem object. At first at thought it would be easy seeing as the code was
pretty much working but
I am having a tough time of it. I compiled the original application and it
works perfect but it seems like
when I convert it to a gem object I get nothing.

Here are some things I am assuming, please correct me...
1. glut and openGL/Gem use the same measurements like when I use glVertex2f(px,
py); it is the
same in both.
2. Instead of using the glut mouse controls I can use a list inlet to get x and
y coordinates.

Other than that I pretty much copied the app and used render(GemState *state)
to put all of the
rendering stuff into. But I still cant get it to work. I get a black screen.
I think it is probably drawing
somewhere of screen but I really cant seem to figure out how to fix the
problem. If anyone can give
me a clue I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Alain