[PD] [Pd] toxy, cyclone on 64-bit

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Aug 6 20:23:39 CEST 2007

Excellent!  I think the best place to start would be to get Pd-0.40.3-
extended building, which mostly supports 64-bit.  I think 0.41 fully
supports it, but there isn't Pd-0.41-extended yet.

The easiest way to get the whole sources is using rsync:

http://puredata.org/docs/developer/GettingPdSource

Just try making a build, then post the transcript to pd-dev when you
have troubles.  Here's the instructions, its a wiki, feel free to
improve the page:

http://puredata.org/docs/developer/Debian

.hc

On Aug 6, 2007, at 7:53 PM, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> I'd be up for helping.  I don't know if I could fit the entire
> project into my schedule in the next few months.  I do have a 64-
> bit machine, but I wrecked my hard drive and am using a smaller
> one, not large enough to dual-boot, so I actually only have 64-bit
> Linux at the moment.
> -Chuckk
>

> On 8/5/07, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org> wrote:
>
> It would be nice to put out a beta 64-bit build of Pd-extended.
> Are you up for it?
>
> .hc
>
> On Aug 5, 2007, at 7:18 PM, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
>
>> So I got some help from Mathieu and Patko on this, and I wanted to
>> share it in case someone else (or myself in a couple months,
>> probably) needs to know.
>> Add "-fPIC" to the end of the line defining CFLAGS in
>> Makefile.common ; this is necessary on non-x86 machines.  Did I
>> get that right?
>> Thanks Patko and Mathieu!
>>
>> -Chuckk
>>

>> On 8/5/07, Chuckk Hubbard < badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm looking at the source, wondering if I can adapt it for 64-
>> bit.  Any advice welcome.
>> My email to Krzysztof at czaja at chopin.edu.pl came back
>> undeliverable... did he leave the university?
>>
>> -Chuckk
>>

>> On 8/3/07, Chuckk Hubbard < badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know if these libraries will compile on 64-bit Linux?
>> If so... how do I compile them?
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -Chuckk
>>
>> --
>> http://www.badmuthahubbard.com
>>

>> --
>> http://www.badmuthahubbard.com
>>

>> --
>> http://www.badmuthahubbard.com

> ------
>
> Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy
> is related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra
>

> --
> http://www.badmuthahubbard.com

----

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic