[PD] compiling on osx from vaniall, cvs and autobuild

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 18:46:06 CEST 2007

Hi,
still don't know how to build pd and externals on osx.
I only can compile when I start from
/Applications/Pd-0.41-0test05.app/Contents/Resources/src
with ./configure and make, but maybe that is a fake?
then I tried to compile the cvs version starting from
packages/darwin_app. I got the error below and read about it in the
archives, so I tried again from within the .app structure (put
everything in Resources folder, same error,

ld: Undefined symbols:
_Tcl_CreateCommand
_Tcl_CreateFileHandler
_Tcl_Eval
_Tcl_GetVar
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//ccJd2O2Q.out
make[2]: *** [../bin/libPdTcl.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [pd_install] Error 2
make: *** [darwin_app_core] Error 2
dyn-246:/Applications/Pd-0.41-0test05.app/Contents/packages/darwin_app
marius$

then I followed the instructions on
http://puredata.org/docs/developer/darwin and still run into the same
problem...

/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//ccI8m0Tv.out
make[2]: *** [../bin/libPdTcl.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [pd_install] Error 2
make: *** [darwin_app_core] Error 2
dyn-246:~/devel/pd-CVS/packages/darwin_app marius$

at last I rsync everything from the autobuild farm. as described in
http://puredata.org/docs/developer/GettingPdSource
the error stays the same...
what am I missing? I am using? I downloaded tcltk from sourcforge
(TclTkAquaStandalone-8.4.10.dmg and TclTkAqua-8.4.10.dmg).

hans (or frank) can you just patch the image.c diff and tomorrow I will
write a report, if it is working on my machine?

marius.