[PD] image object and spaces in filenames

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Aug 9 19:08:48 CEST 2007

Hallo,
Roman Haefeli hat gesagt: // Roman Haefeli wrote:

> this is, what i was trying to say: you cannot expect symbols with spaces
> to work in pd (or can i? correct me, if i am wrong) using spaces is
> always a hack. that is why expressed uncertainty about this behaviour
> being a bug.

Marius problem is not a space in a symbol in Pd land, but a space,
created by [image] internally, which isn't escaped propely. To
reproduce the bug try this:

$ mkdir "/tmp/space channel 5"
$ cp ulala.gif "/tmp/space channel 5"
$ cd "/tmp/space channel 5"
$ pd &

and try to create an object [image ulala.gif]. This won't create!

But if you do a

$ mv "/tmp/space channel 5" /tmp/rez

and try the same thing again inside "/tmp/rez", [image ulala.gif] will
create just fine.

Ciao