[PD] text editor on osx

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Aug 10 11:16:40 CEST 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 11:13 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2007, at 11:10 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> On Aug 10, 2007, at 7:36 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>>
>>> Hallo,

>>> So just because there's an Apple standard, the standard Pd text
>>> editor
>>> has to go? IMO that's a standardization effort gone wrong (but I
>>> don't
>>> use Apple, I eat 'em.)
>>
>> Edit->Text Editor still works fine.  I support Cmd-shift-T would
>> work well for the Text Editor, since Cmd-shift-... is used in Pd
>> for lots of other things.
>
> Oops, Cmd-shift-T is [tgl], how about Cmd-Shift-E?

Ok, one more spaz response to myself:

You can edit the cmd key mappings yourself in Pd-extended.app/
Contents/Resources/bin/pd.tk around line 1650.  So if you don't like
any of them, just change them there, it's a text file.

.hc

> .hc
>
>> .hc
>>

>>> Ciao
>>> --
>>>  Frank Barknecht                 _ ______footils.org_ __goto10.org__

>> -------
>>
>> You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music, and if you
>> can hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie

> ------
>
> All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
> one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a
> better language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John
> Donne

----

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General
Smedley Butler