[PD] [PD-announce] macros.

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Aug 16 00:50:18 CEST 2007

On Aug 15, 2007, at 7:46 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Aug 2007, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>
>> This is possible to do with Pd already, no Tcl needed :D
>> http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/doc/tutorials/intro/
>> 46.pure_data_files.pd
>
> This is nice, but you're missing the point. We have macros so that
> we can reproduce keyboard and mouse sequences. This can be useful
> for some things for which we can't just use Ctrl+d and especially
> to create automated tests for user interface.

You can do that in Pd also, keyboard and mouse sequences all generate
Pd messages which you can capture using [tot].  You could send it to
a pd process to reproduce.  If my website was working you could see
more on that here:

http://at.or.at/serendipd

> Chun also added a [clipboard] class so that you can pick up the
> results of Ctrl+c without saving to disk nor using [textfile]. This
> is also because of automated tests for user interface.

[clipboard] sounds nice.

.hc

> | Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801, Montréal QC Canada

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom