[PD] Gem and ieee1394 firewire cam on linux debian

Tim Boykett tim at timesup.org
Thu Aug 16 07:59:17 CEST 2007

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for your advice!
   I tried adding the line to udev-rules; I presumed that the result
should be three lines:
KERNEL=="raw1394", NAME="%k"
KERNEL=="dv1394", NAME="dv1394/%k"
KERNEL=="video1394*", NAME="video1394/%n"

I had the 2nd and 3rd, so I added the first. However, no change in
behaviour.

I am in the video and disk groups.

It seems that the dx.sh script was removed by the list program: could
you send it directly?

However I somehow doubt that this is the problem: on the link you
sent, they are talking about Kino not working. The other programs
seem to be fine, it is PD that is having trouble, so I guess that
something needs to be updated in the PD code. Which hurts!

I hope we can work our way forward to a solution!

cheers,

tim