[PD] difference send and using msg with ";"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Aug 17 11:31:02 CEST 2007

On Aug 16, 2007, at 11:49 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Matteo Sisti Sette hat gesagt: // Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:
>
>> Am I using some 0.40-only feature?
>
> I think not, because your approach was the one used in the past, when
> [send] wasn't settable yet. But anyway: I also think, you're cheating,
> ecause you're actually changing the message box and thus creating many
> different message boxes on the fly, while the [s] isn't changed for
> variable length lists.

It would be very useful to have the settable sends documented.
Anyone up for editing the PDDP help patches and adding examples of
this?  It is also missing from Miller's help patch.

Here are the files in question:

doc/pddp/send-help.pd
doc/pddp/all_about_send_n_receive.pd

I didn't even realize that settable sends were implemented until now.

.hc