[PD] documentation material for Pd related grants, funds, and prizes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Aug 17 12:31:19 CEST 2007

I think it's pretty apparently that no one is really "in charge",
like an organization or Linus Torvalds is.  I suppose it depends on
what you define as Pd.  Miller is in charge of the core code.  Linus
apparently has final say over every module that is part of Linux,
while any pure-data dev can add their code to Pd-extended.  You could
say we are more Bazaar than Mr. Bazaar because the Pd Bazaar has a
hand in the decision making.  :D

As for money, if people were paid to work on Pd, then people could
spend solid, concentrated chunks of time on it.  We could also pay
people to solve the hard annoying problems, or do cross-platform
quality assurance, or things like that.  But for this to work, we
need to have a decision structure that everyone thinks is fair.  I
think we should talk about this at PdCon.

In any case I support your effort, I can help by tracking down
supporting texts, etc.

.hc