[PD] strange canvas behaviour

glerm soares organismo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 02:51:58 CEST 2007

2007/8/17, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>:

> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007, glerm soares wrote:
> > 2007/8/17, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>:
> >> I wrote about this today already. This is because $ is rewritten as #
> >> instead of being rewritten as \$ as it should. The # way involves extra
> >> code that is both causing your problem and is unnecessary because \$
> >> already gets converted to $ automatically.
> > It should be reported as a bug?
>
> a bug according to whom? it was deliberately designed and written like
> that.
>
> and... reported by whom?

well,

IMHO,

If I want to print a F# in the cnv object is not possible "by design"? Is
that what you mean?

So maybe It's a cnv object limitation, maybe It's a PD symbol treatment
limitation. Will this happen with other GUI objects, like printing this A#
in a GEM window for example?

Maybe we couldn't call this a "bug", but it's a big limitation since I have
to use # to represent sharp notes in "ocidental notation". As far as I know
music is an important issue for PD...

Wish I could help more if I could touch those codes, but I'm a newbie
programmer... So all I can do is to report this... "limitation"(?)

hope this report can help something,

thanx mathieu,

salut,

glerm