[PD] strange canvas behaviour

Matteo Sisti Sette matteo.sistisette at email.it
Sat Aug 18 12:27:43 CEST 2007

> > 2007/8/17, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca>:
> >> I wrote about this today already. This is because $ is rewritten as #
> >> instead of being rewritten as \$ as it should. The # way involves extra
> >> code that is both causing your problem and is unnecessary because \$
> >> already gets converted to $ automatically.
> > It should be reported as a bug?
>
> a bug according to whom? it was deliberately designed and written like
> that.

It is a bug. If you send a "label something#" to a canvas, there's no *good*
reason why it *should* generate a "something$" label.
It was *implemented* like that (no matter how deliberately), and that's the
cause of this bug.

Indeed I think that PD lacks a clean and simple escaping mechanim with which
such problems would be avoided.

 Sponsor:
 Prestiti: con Prometeo fino a 30.000 Euro, senza spese e senza attese! Richiedi subito l’importo e la rata che desideri, basta un clic!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=6914&d=18-8