[PD] audio drop-outs when resizing tables??

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sun Aug 19 20:09:51 CEST 2007

Resizing large memory objects in a real-time thread can block as the
OS pages other memory out to disk... so the operation is never safe
unless done in a separate thread.  This would be a major change, and
would move in the direction of making Pd harder to maintain in the long
term.

Fixing the tabread~ object to do a double dereference would fix the problem
in 99% of cases... which is just the wrong thing to do if you want to be
able to use software on stage :)

cheers
Miller