[PD] SMP Questions

Matthew Polashek matt at tinysongs.com
Tue Aug 21 16:02:56 CEST 2007

Hi!

Anyone know if PD is aided by SMP?  I'm throwing together a new box
in which I will install UbuntuStudio with the intention of using it
as a live processing rig for live performance using PD.  I'm
interested in discovering whether it makes more sense to get a Core 2
Quad processor that runs with a bus speed of 1066 or a Core 2 Duo
processor that runs with a bus speed of 1333.  The idea is to reduce
latency as much as possible.  I'll get I/O via a RME 9652 and a
couple Behringer ADA8000 units.  Also, any thoughts on how ram speed
plays into this equation?  I'm looking at the Intel dg33fb board.

Matthew Polashek
matt at tinysongs.com
www.tinysongs.com
www.JandMJazz.com