[PD] SMP Questions

Tim Blechmann tim at klingt.org
Wed Aug 22 10:36:10 CEST 2007

> That's too bad.  I'll take your word for it that jackdmp wouldn't be
> able to manage the inter-process connection in a scalable way -- I'm not
> familiar with how it works.  I'm disappointed, because it sounded like a
> cheap (and yes, slightly inconvenient -- but better than nothing) way to
> scale up PD with SMP.

if you can split your pd patches to a small number of instances (say
10), you'd probably have some benefit ... running 50 instances of pd is
probably not a good idea ...

cheers, tim

--
tim at klingt.org    ICQ: 96771783
http://tim.klingt.org

The price an artist pays for doing what he wants is that he has to do
it.
  William S. Burroughs