[PD] difference send and using msg with ";"

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 22 14:18:55 CEST 2007

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Robert Scott wrote:

> So following this pattern, will 0.42 be a compatibility-breaking
> redesign replacing insane messages with LISP-like lists of lists and
> atoms?

In DesireData, as soon as I'm done reprogramming the GOP feature (which
has been dragging for a while and is driving me mad) I will work towards
making DS and pointers work again. I will be working at the atom level on
three different additions that have something in common: deallocatable
symbols, listatoms, and simplified pointers. All three involve reference
counting (I won't involve mark-and-sweep in this). Also, listatoms won't
be chains of pairs (linked-lists) as they are in LISP; they will be more
like LISP vectors, or in pd internals vocabulary, t_binbuf (which might
gain in getting renamed) or argument lists. (now I'd like to know: should
those lists be mutable or not?)