[PD] Nothing shows up in pd main window

Batuhan Bozkurt batuhan at batuhanbozkurt.com
Mon Aug 27 14:31:09 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Pd version 0.39.3-extended-rc5 installation
in ubuntu feisty fawn.

I was having no problems when suddenly the pd icon on my desktop refused
to launch pd properly. A blank pd window shows up:
http://www.batuhanbozkurt.com/stuff/pdblank.png

Launching pd by pressing alt+f2 and writing "pd" yields to the same result.

However if I launch pd from terminal by writing "pd", it launches fine.
But the menu fonts are garbled(which is the case in all tcl/tk
applications-not pd spesific).
http://www.batuhanbozkurt.com/stuff/pdfonts.png

I think I'm having a problem with Tcl/Tk right? Any suggestions for this?

Thanks.
Batuhan