[PD] some images...

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 27 19:21:16 CEST 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Cypod wrote:

> Last time they set up irc and webcam, any chance?

The convention is over already, since yesterday afternoon.

IRC has been set up for much longer than the convention. We've had the
#dataflow channel (irc.freenode.net) for 6.5 years now (close to 5 years
under that name). Nowadays, there is 25-35 users logged in on average
(sometimes 20, sometimes 40). There is also the #desiredata channel for
developers, testers, translators, etc., of DesireData. Contrary to what
happens in Piksel, IRC was almost not used during the convention, as far
as I know. There were a few technical problems with the network at SAT,
but McGill did not provide any internet access - not that this is a bad
thing, as it keeps people more focused on "here and now".

We have some footage taken by volunteers, but it's not edited yet.