[PD] audio visualizations

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 27 22:34:30 CEST 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Atte André Jensen wrote:

> I feel impolite to ask in such a hurry, but is there some pd-patches
> out-there that'll make pd/linux visualize an audio feed? I'll promise to
> actually learn pd afterwards, but right now I'm just hoping pd can
> rescue me :-)

http://gridflow.ca/gallery/spectrogram.gif

This applies different low-pass filters for the different colour channels,
so that you can see at the same time short-term fade and long-term fade.

Low-pass may also be applied in other ways, e.g. if you want to average
the heights of the black bars prior to rendering, instead of averaging the
renderings.