[PD] Simple midi controller for installation

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Tue Aug 28 14:19:41 CEST 2007

Hi Stuart -
A hacked USB keyboard makes a nice button-bank, and you can typically strip
away most of its size, leaving just a little circuit board with wires coming
out to your buttons. You can read the button-presses with Hans's [hid]
object.

here's one that we did some time ago...
http://www.instructables.com/id/EDH81H8H62EQZJIDV8/
-David M.

On 8/28/07, Stuart Jones <s.jones at csm.arts.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm helping with an installation which will have 12-16 buttons (on/off) to
> set off events in Pd and need to find a simple midi controller to just
> send
> note on and note off messages on 12-16 notes to do that. I could hack a
> midi
> keyboard but that would be a complicated and bulky solution given the size
> of the installation. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stuart

MIT Media Lab