[PD] inconsistencies in msgfile

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 29 07:59:03 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 06:58 +0200, João Miguel Pais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was checking out msgfile (zexy 2.1), and there are some inconsistencies
> that I can't work out:
>
> - the read message doesn't work with paths/files that have spaces in them
> [that's not an inconsistency, but it's something that should be standard
> nowadays]

true, but i am not sure if it can be considered as a problem of
[msgfile], but rather of pd in general, since there is no escape
mechanism. i am even not sure, if it would be a good idea, that
[msgfile] would accept lists, what you are actually requesting.

btw:
afaik, you _can_ open files with a space in the path, but you need to
create the symbol accordingly. for example, if you use [openpane] to get
the path, it works, because [msgfile] gets a symbol containing spaces
instead of a list in that case. alternatively you could also use
[list2symbol] (which is also part of zexy) to create symbols with
spaces, if you don't want to use [openpanel].

roman