[PD] Nothing shows up in pd main window

Batuhan Bozkurt batuhan at batuhanbozkurt.com
Thu Aug 30 08:05:09 CEST 2007

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Batuhan Bozkurt wrote:
>
>> I think I'm having a problem with Tcl/Tk right? Any suggestions for
>> this?
>
> try adding this line at the beginning of your pd.tk:
>
>     option add *font {Helvetica -12}
> or
>     option add *font {Helvetica -12 bold}
>
> does it improve anything?
>
>  _ _ __ ___ _____ ________ _____________ _____________________ ...
> | Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801, Montréal QC Canada

Yes, it does effectively change the font but it still looks bad. What
was the default font for that? I liked that one. I have no idea about
why they changed all together systemwide.

 >Seems like it's not finding the pd.tk file, perhaps.  Did you install
Pd-extended >into somewhere else besides /usr/local?
 >.hc

I found out that my problem is about a problem in the recent Ubuntu. If
X crashes(I happened to have it occasionally at that time as I was
trying something that was crashing X) and you login, than you have to
restart to have full functionality back, at some times. It is not the
case anymore, I don't know why but it is fixed for now. Thanks.