[PD] question about getdir(Guenter Geiger)'s code

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Aug 30 08:10:55 CEST 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Stephen Sinclair wrote:

> My feeling from convention was that he doesn't intend to make many
> drastic modifications to the internals at this point, so possibly it is
> time to make some useful things more available to external developers.

Pd is already painted in the corner that you want to paint it in, because
people are using unpublished interfaces all over the place. With that kind
of circuit-bending mentality and RTFSC habits, there's no way out. Many
features will be left unimplemented forever, and all those externals
relying on internals, they will rely on that (un)implementation.

That's what you want?

note: RTFSC stands for "Read The Fantastic Source Code".