[PD] OSC bundles with time tag

Torsten Anders torsten.anders at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 18:07:14 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I am sending OSC messages from the UNIX app sendOSC to Pd using the
Pd object [dumpOSC] -- it worked out of the box, very nice!

However, it seems that [dumpOSC] always reacts immediately --
regardless of any time stamp (16 figure hex number according to OSC
specs). Is it at all possible that Pd delays the processing of
received OSC messages because of some time tag which lies in the
future? I planned to let Pd do the actual scheduling, because I
figured its timing will be rather reliable...

Thank you!

Best
Torsten

--
Torsten Anders
Interdisciplinary Centre for Computer Music Research