[PD] OSC bundles with time tag

Martin Peach martin.peach at sympatico.ca
Fri Aug 31 23:21:23 CEST 2007

Thanks for helping to debug it, Torsten ;)
I just tried the same sending from packOSC using a WinXP pc and
receiving with unpackOSC on a linux box.
I get a delay here in Montreal of +4 hours, which corresponds to the
difference between EDT and GMT.
So it looks like the linux/mac version is adding the timezone offset to
the GMT time returned by gettimeofday.
The Windows versions of packOSC and unpackOSC use the straight GMT from
ftime.
The man pages for both ftime and gettimeofday say that the timezone info
is deprecated/not there.
Now that I'm clear(?) on that I'll fix it in cvs as soon as I can.
I'm wondering where you  got sendOSC from, since the version in OSCx
does the same timezone stuff as packOSC.

Martin