[PD] some images...

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Sep 1 19:55:29 CEST 2007

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007, Alexandre Castonguay wrote:

> A couple questions I had relates to timing : how often and what is the
> best time of the year to hold a convention?

It depends: remember that a year ago, some on the ctee assumed that it
would be held at the end of september 2007, as a direct imitation of
PdConvention2004, but then I got it changed to end of august because
September in Austria does not have the same meaning as September in
Canada: it's more like August in Canada in terms of university resources
and availability of students.

I say this because it might be quite different in another city. I have not
much info about São Paulo. If it's going to happen in about a year and a
half from now, better do it after March, just in terms of rain... Maybe
someone from São Paulo could inform us about university schedules.

> Three years is a long span and every year would be too taxing I believe.

Taxing for participants or for organisers? If it were the same organisers
every year, I agree, but it wouldn't be the same organisers every year.
I'd say a year and a half because nothing has been done yet, but if the
preparation for the 3rd convention had started a few months ago, then
"every 12 months approx" would seem good.

> However, it could have been easier to involve students if the semester
> had started.

Don't students need to go to school as well?... Or do you just take a week
off your regular courses and draft your students in the convention and
call it an assignment?