[PD] Obscure pd externals in search path shadow .pd files in current working directory

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Sep 1 19:55:47 CEST 2007

This is addressed in the Pd-extended distribution.  Every library is
compiled so that each class is compiled as it's own file (i.e.
[counter] = counter.pd_linux) instead of having multiple classes in
one file.

Functional namespaces already exist in Pd.  This feature is used
extensively in Pd-extended.  It's based on directory names, then
the / is the separator.  The 'libdir' format allows a directory of
objects to act like a library.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about this topic over the
years, search the archive if you are interested.

.hc