[PD] [PD-dev] PD externals/extras/OSC and RT and JACK

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 3 11:09:42 CEST 2007

hi.

Ken Restivo wrote:

>> you hae to turn the audio-engine on in order to hear something.
>> there is a little checkbox in the main pd-window that says "compute
>> audio", try enabling that...
>> btw, this should be explained in the docs (if it is not, i think it is a
>> serious omission)
>>

> I didn't see it. Nor did I see mention of any command-line flag to eliminate this requirement, i.e. to have the audio-engine start up when the program is launched.

as frank has already pointed out, this is covered by chapter-2 in the
html-documentation of pd (doc/1.manual/x2.htm)

there is no way to turn on audio-computation via a command-line flag and
there is no need for it, as you can load a patch on startup and within
the patch you can automatically turn audio on (e.g. like the
test-audio-and-midi patch does)

> Thanks. I was looking for a pd-discuss list, and didn't find one, but I'll use pd-list from now on.

no problem, however i find that "This mailinglist is meant as a platform
for the ever growing PD-community to discuss things related to PD. " is
pretty clear that pd-list _is_ as discussion list on pd :-)

fmga.sdr
IOhannes