[PD] my first external

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Sep 5 09:23:16 CEST 2007

martin.peach at sympatico.ca wrote:
>> /tmp/ccuN3zCm.o: In function `helloworld_bang':
>> helloworld.c:(.text+0xe): undefined reference to `post'

the given error was a linker error rather than a compiler error.

> You need to #include <m_pd.h> in the source file.
> If you have #include "m_pd.h" then m_pd.h has to be in the same directory as the source file.

not quite true.

in my understanding "m_pd.h" will be searched for in all paths given via
the "-I" compiler-flag, whereas <m_pd.h> will only be searched for in
"standard" paths.

some stats: a quick search in the externals-folder of the CVS revealed:
"m_pd.h" is uncluded 889 times
<m_pd.h> is included 107 times

i doubt that all of the 889 occurences of "m_pd.h" have the m_pd.h in
the same directory as the source files.

fgmasdr.
IOhannes