[PD] multiple platform usb video capture cards (again)

|||__||| media.gambler at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 13:31:29 CEST 2007

hi,

i'm trying to find a usb capture card to capture analog signal from a
IR camera in order to provide a signal for a video tracking patch.
the card shoudn't cost more than 300€.

i have a intel mac mini for the installation and because pdp more or
less requires linux, i'm looking for a usb capture card that supports
linux & osx drivers. because of my research untli now i think it's
quite unlikely to find somthing like that outside there, so i was hoping

- could anybody tell me some of his experience with usb video capture
cards for video tracking?
- did anyone run the pinacle studio movie box on pd/linux?
- does anyone know of a capture card that supports win/linux/osx
drivers?

i found some threads about capture cards in the archive but none of
them had a hardware advice in this price range.

thank you for your help in advance,

emanuel