[PD] Why in Brasil and how?

marius schebella marius.schebella at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 03:46:59 CEST 2007

glerm soares wrote:
> Hi folks.
> I didn't mean to be the annoying guy, "fundamentalist" or whatever.

what would be the opposite of fundamentalist?

why brazil? and how? why open source?

I just looked up the prize for a MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz 15inch in sao paulo
and it was 10612 brazilian real (about 5400$) the same macbook has a
regular prize of 2499$ + 200 tax in the US.

the majority of rich people believes: making the rich richer is good for
everybody (at least that is how they vote all the time).

the rest believes: helping as many people as possible to live a worthy
life is good for everybody.

I think a pd conv in brazil only makes sense, if it is in connection
with a knowledge flow and general (financial) flow/support from north to
south. it should encourage the local community and their work. like it
did in graz and montreal. there should be money from the european
community to support the relationship to south american countries.

marius.